“I don’t think that’s the news”: Defense of Karina Álvarez after responding to Jordhy Thompson’s attack

 The reporter took a minute on screen to analyze the incident involving the Colo Colo player.

In the morning edition of CHV Noticias, journalist Karina Álvarez shared her defense regarding soccer player Jordhy Thompson’s attack on her ex-girlfriend. A fact that was exposed after the dissemination of various videos.

Camila, the name of the victim, used her Instagram account to break the silence and refer to the truth. “Well, I’m going to talk super fast about the topic that is on social networks, purely because speculation is being made about me, and it’s not fair,” he began with the young man.


“First I want to clarify that I never published the videos, I didn’t know that third parties have them, I thought I was the only one who had them. I never had the intention to show them, to publish them, because obviously for me it’s embarrassing and embarrassing,” he added.

Finally, he called out: “Please, stop your hate because it had a big impact on me. They call me my mom, my grandparents, so it seems unfair. All I ask for is more empathy.”


Disclaimer by Karina Álvarez

Because of these statements, the newscaster affirmed that “the most dangerous thing in all of this is that the person affected is his girlfriend and he was questioned as the person who could spread this video. She came out to clarify this and to say that it is not fair that, in addition, she is assigned this role and is questioned”.


“It is not appropriate to ask for explanations about the leaking of the images,” he added.

Likewise, the communicator explained that “it’s super important that the focus here is not who leaked the videos, because I don’t think that’s the news. I don’t think that’s where the interest is.”

“You have to report these cases, because if the records are not known, it will be difficult to deal with a situation that requires special treatment,” he continued.

Finally, Álvarez lamented “the spiral in which it is becoming. He, far from being the victim of an attack, faced the hatred of some people on social networks.

LihatTutupKomentar